Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wedding Update! 11/23/13

Hey guys!!

So if you are subscribed to my YouTube channel (keepingupwithkristin1), I posted a Blog video, which you can see here:

I mentioned that I was getting married November of 2014 and I would like to Blog about the whole experience along the way. I am hoping to be doing some DIY videos about things I make for my wedding and also share some tips and advice about weddings. So to update you all, my fiancé and I recently toured some wedding venues and found the perfect one! Not only do we have a view of the water, but we also got an amazing, all inclusive price. Since he is in the military, we found a venue that does weddings for a lot of military families. They have a nice deck outside so we have our ceremony out there. Then inside they have a beautiful ballroom, where we will have our reception. I like the idea that we can have both the ceremony and reception at the same venue because a lot of our guests will be coming in from out of town and I don't want them to travel more than necessary. So I think this venue is perfect! Originally, I wanted to have a rustic wedding, but with this venue I don't think that will be possible because the setting is on the water and is a little more fancy. Therefore I am switching my theme to something more romantic. 

For my color scheme, I am thinking of coral as the main color. Then also having neutral colors as the accent colors. I love this picture that I found on Pinterst! It describes my vision perfectly. If you guys haven't checked out Pinterest, I highly suggest that you do. You can plan your entire wedding on there! 

So a little information about my fiancé and I:

We have been together four years. We started as high school sweethearts, and continued to date through college. Then my fiancé joined the military and we had to start a long distance relationship. Although it was tough, I think it brought us closer together. If you guys have any questions about long distance relationships or military life, please feel free to ask me! I would love to give you guys advice :) If you guys send me questions, I could make a video answering your questions! Or I could answer them in my blog.

Check back for more updates coming soon!!


Xoxo, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment